Monday, April 4, 2011

Preparation for Farewell

Bangkok ,Thailand and Sir G was in the next session hall; I can hear his voice arguing with some "Blue" people. They say that he is like his mentor, factual, tough, vulgar, strong. Anyone who dares to stand in front of him will surely be crushed. But before he went to Bangkok, he went to a clash with the high officers of his job. He feel weak, worthless and numb. I look at him in the midst of the battle, he is not him. The vibrant shadows of his eyes was cold and grey, he could not speak and he just went outside and left. That moment that they slammed the door into his face was the day that the world opened up to him. Many offers was made here and abroad.

3 days before the UNGASS, he got back to himself, he received calls from New York, Myanmar, Bangkok, Tokyo, Brussels, Luxembourg, London.....I could say he is one of the "well known" young minds in the field of public health. I smiled "Aba, sir sikat ah!" (Sir your popular), he stood up and sigh, tapped my back "Kid, I think it is time for me to leave, I am of no use in my country anymore..." and my smiled fade, he was like a brother to me, and the moment he will leave will be the time that I will also stop blogging my life. He is the one who told me that blogging will divert my attention and will relieve my stress. But he promised me that when I stop blogging he will be the one who will start to blog so that the legacy will continue.

"Come" he told me, "I will show you something and pointed to Pasig River...you see kid the only constant thing in this world is change and those who refuse to evolve in the ever changing dynamics of life will be left behind. The world is a big place and that is why we have eyes in front of our heads because we are expected to move forward not backwards. Tomorrow is always uncertain, but it is this uncertainty that we are motivated to go forward. The fear of the unknown is so small compared to the courage of hope to step into the unchartered territories. Do not go to the trail already laid to you but rather walk the path less traveled and make a trail there."

"Where do you plan to go?" I asked him, Sir G just smiled and said "To where I am needed, to where I can contribute and grow. To where the wind and my feet well take me, somewhere...", I rolled my eyes, he is always like that always as mysterious. "Kid, you have a long way to go from now on. Time for you to stand on your two feet, the moment you step there with me to that meeting in Bangkok, is the day you will make foot prints in the pages of history." and walking in the pages of history I did, I went into a debate with other people too.

He told me again "When the world you are staying at is getting smaller and smaller by the day and it becomes more familiar and particular everyday, its the day where you also need to step forward to the unchartered world. There is what we call the time of exploration kid, only settle down when the sky above you becomes blue and the sunrise becomes lovely, otherwise the world has set something for you out there. You already have a place here on this life all you need to do is set on the journey to find that."

The moment Sir G will travel again, I think will be the day that I will start to stop hiding in his shadows, I don't have someone to run now...like he said "I need to grow"....

1 comment:

  1. Kid, do not make me laugh, our sarcasm is worth our pride..cheers...a vodka for love...for live...and for the journey that is laid ahead of us...

    ReplyDelete